Art Walk Edmonds presents a walking tour of the art venues located in downtown Edmonds, Washington. The event takes place from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM on the third Thursday of each month. Artwalk Edmonds is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
guest Artists: tips for a great art walk experience
As an artist, the most important thing is that you share your art with the world and that you start a dialogue with present and future fans and collectors. Art Walk Edmonds (AWE) is one place you can do that, so you need to make the most of the opportunity.
- Plan ahead with your host venue. Go see the space, talk with the person who invited you, and ideally, meet the person who will be watching the store/space when you are there on Artwalk evening. Talk with your host about expectations -- where you are to display your art, how much space you can use, when to bring it and who is to hang it, whether you will need easels, a table, etc. How long it will be on display, who will handle sales, commission to the venue (if any), who is to bring food/drink for guests, etc.
- Once you know the space, curate the collection of pieces to display, have labels and an inventory list for your own benefit and for the shop keeper, especially if the art will remain on display when you are not present.
- Prior to the evening of Art Walk, promote the event! Do a "Save the Date" to give lots of notice, and then send reminders up till the day of the event. Promote your host business too. "Like" your host business on Facebook if they have a page, and set up an event, and invite your friends!
- Arrange with your host to have the display ready prior to 5:00 PM on Art Walk evening.
- You are expected to be present during the art walk from 5:00 - 8:00 PM, unless otherwise arranged. Guests really enjoy meeting the artists, and it gives you a chance to meet potential customers, and network with visitors.
- Have cards, a flyer with any other shows you have upcoming, postcards, whatever promo pieces you have on hand. Consider wearing a name tag so it's obvious who the artist is when people come through.
- Greet your guests, and introduce yourself as the Art Walk artist for the evening. Offer to answer questions, and then let them look! You will get the feel for people who want to engage in conversation and those who would rather be left on their own. Be ready to promote your host's business too. Think of this event as a symbiotic relationship. Good for you, good for your host -- good for the town!
- Let us know how your Art Walk experience goes. Feedback is so valuable, and your unique experience will help us to make improvements for businesses and artists alike.